These appetizers are so flavourful and colourful - perfect for an appetizer. They have the Mexican flavours that so many people love, but bite-sized!
Chicken Fajita Bites
Makes: 24-48 appetizers / Gluten Free
• 4 medium bell peppers, any color
• 3 green onions
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh cilantro leaves
• 4 oz (125 g) part-skim mozzarella cheese
• 2 cups (500 mL) finely diced cooked chicken breast
• 1/3 cup (75 mL) fat-free mayonnaise
• 1 tbsp (15 mL) chili powder
• ½ tbsp (7 mL) lime zest
• ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) Greek Yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Cut off tops of peppers and scoop out seeds. Cut each pepper into 6-12 (depending on size of pepper, will make 24-48 appetizers) and arrange them on a large pan.
2. Finely chop green onions and cilantro. Grate cheese.
3. Mix half of the onion mixture, half of the cheese, chicken, mayonnaise, chili powder, zest, and salt in a large bowl.
4. Using a heaping tablespoon, scoop filling onto pepper wedges.
5. Sprinkle peppers with remaining cheese. Bake 5–7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
6. Mix Greek Yogurt into remaining onion mixture. Spoon it into a resealable plastic bag and trim the corner.
7. Remove pan from oven. Squeeze Greek Yogurt mixture over fajita bites.
Based off of recipe found here.